please sponsor me!

justgiving.com/jene please sponsor me to help me reach my target of £1000! justgiving.com/jene

Sunday 17 April 2011

61 days.. 15 hours.

I am training for an endurance event... now with that in mind I will summarise my training the last two weeks:

I have been up to Llandegla 10 out of 12 days [edit: 13 out of 15 days...]... (sounds good so far), and during that time I have ridden the trials only once! Instead I have spent about 20 hours on the pump track...
So whilst I am now less likely to fall off during mountain mayhem, I probably won’t be fit enough to finish!
I did also do 2 hours on the road bike and a couple of hours in the pool as well as some fluffy weights sessions... but not really anything I could count as proper training :/

My excuse? My knees are a complete pain and anything longer than 1 hour on the bike starts giving me problems – which doesn’t bode well for a race in less than two months! Argh! Co-codomol anyone? More physio booked and at some point i’m praying for a miracle!

However, having said all this, the most exciting thing in my life at the moment? Apart from my new bike, which i still love and gets far more comments than my actual riding.. is the NEW DOCTOR WHO... next Saturday! Eeee. Yes, anyone who sponsors me is, in fact, sponsoring someone with a mental age of about 8.

Thus far, these blog posts haven’t been all that training related and i would attempt to change that fact, except i’m still not training. Tomorrows plan involves Llandegla and a jump bike so it doesn’t look like it’ll get better in the immediate future either... it’s just more fun to jump than spend hours on the bike! Although I will need a couple of days off at some point as i'm accumulating enough bruises to look like i'm being abused - although only by someone about 15 inches high, as all the bruises are shin level... no skirts for me this summer.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment