please sponsor me!

justgiving.com/jene please sponsor me to help me reach my target of £1000! justgiving.com/jene

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Urgh! rain, rain..go away!

73 (i think!) days till mountain mayhem...and fortunately my sports masseuse has just worked (another) miracle and after an hour of massage on friday I managed two full 45 min spins last night with only mild knee discomfort :)

The physio has said my patella isn't tracking straight...3-4mm to far inwards due to a weak Vastus medialis (which, slightly irrelavantly, makes me think of Vashta Narada (Doctor Who) everytime anyone mentions it!) and tight ITB/glutes/ most others things... but as i've had knee pain for a couple of years on and off I dread to think how much damage i've done to the cartilage around my knee!!

I also had another hour of PT last night and after some upside down exercises (something called candlesticks)... which i really didn't like as a) there actually were other people on the gym to witness me having absolutely no core control whatsoever and b) they didn't feel like there were working anything other than my arms... having said that, my abs were in bits today and it hurt to laugh/ mop the floor/ eat chocolate etc... so maybe i'll do them more often :/

Apart from that i'm still not doing that many hours training... and i'm spending most of my time playing around on the pump track and jumps area up at Llandegla.. so whilst my bike skills may be up to scratch i'm unlikely to actually finish the race... but, Dan was the first to utter the words "so...are you actually doing mountain mayhem then?" on tuesday... which makes me even more determined to do it... hence writing a load of rubbish on here... just to make sure I am at least thinking about doing lots of training :)


now i'm off for an early (ish) night so that i'm bright eyed and bushy tailed for a Speed Awareness course tomorrow morning... thank-you North Welsh Police... it better not be sunny or the poor instructor will need to deal with me in a sulk for the full 4 hours... hm

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment